Welcome to the home of Integral Patterning.
This site is here to support you in a number of ways:
- Learn more about Kinesiology, Bowen Technique and the other natural tools I work with.
- Access the free resources to help improve your energy stability, improve your experience of life and give you more ways to manage to pressures of daily living.
- The Blog section is there for open discussion on Integral Theory as it applies to health and healing and for exploring ideas and concepts of how natural methods of healing can benefit and do benefit us.
So please explore and experience and get in contact with us if you have questions or need any support.
What is Integral Patterning about?
There is no doubt that life is complex. As we move from atoms, to molecules, to cells, to organs, to organisms; life becomes more complex. We need greater skills to navigate the world if we are to move from the simple states to the more evolved; letters, to words, to sentences, to paragraphs, to books.
As each stage of complexity evolves there is a transition; we differentiate from that which is no longer adequate for us and move towards a more complex state of being where we can integrate our selves to a higher level. But as we move through each of those stages there is the chance for things to go wrong. In fact as the complexity of each stage increases the opportunities for problems increase. As Ken Wilber has often said: 'dogs get cancer, molecules do not'.
Integral Patterning is the evolution of an idea that has been fuelled by Ken Wilber's Integral Theory and the AQAL (All Quadrant, All Level) model, along with my own exploration through natural health and healing over the last 20 years.
The term Integral means:
- Essential to completeness; lacking nothing essential, whole
- Formed as a unit with another part
- Necessary to the completeness of the whole
- Of, pertaining to, or belonging as a part of the whole; constituent or component
From this point of view we would look at all parts that make up a system, from both their internal and external, individual and collective dimension perspectives. Any of which can be examined in isolation as long as its relationship and interaction with the whole is never forgotten.
Those aspects are present for us in all individual and social settings and all four of those dimension perspectives are relevant to our overall health and well-being. To ignore any perspective is to miss a critical piece of the puzzle as they all have relation to one another and are all required to complete us as a holon. That is a whole that is made up of parts, each of which is whole within its self. Just as we are always parts of a greater whole.
The term Patterning means:
- a natural or chance arrangement, configuration, sequence or design:
- a distinctive style, model, or form
- a combination of qualities, acts, tendencies, etc.,
- forming a consistent or characteristic arrangement
The arrangement of the self can at some level always be considered as adequate. If we are alive then we have a degree of adequacy that is greater than dead. But there are levels above this that would enfold the most useful qualities of our current state while ascending to the next. It is useful to be able to breathe for example, but better to breathe comfortably and deeply, free from restriction or discomfort.
With Integral Patterning we are attempting to assist the changes you must go through to develop any part of yourself on any line, level or quadrant of development.
Using natural methods, techniques and tools to support you on every level, guided by the feedback of Kinesiology; we create a dynamic and unique opportunity re-integrate those parts of ourselves which are unstable and dissociated, while assisting in transitions through each fulcrum of change between your current state and the next stage of development. Helping to make each step you take more stable, whilst allowing healthy growth to take place.
So by looking at where you are right now, we can take a measure of those parts of the self that would benefit from development in some way and mould a solution that will uniquely aid you as an individual to ascend to another stage of growth and well-being, retaining all of the beneficial qualities you have developed so far and discarding those aspects which are no longer adequate.